"Fencing" in John Brunner's "The Shockwave Rider"
Lennart Hukriede
2021-06-11 11:13:28 UTC
In his book "The Shockwave Rider" John Brunner describes a board game
called fencing. It sounds interesting (sorry not to present the rules,
but they are two pages and I don't have a scanner; besides, it is
copyrighted by Brunner and I don't know if that would be "fair use"),
but a bit tedious to play on a board or on paper. However, it seems
ideal for playing it on two computer screens. Has anybody implemented
a system for playing it or made any experiences with playing it?
Please reply by mail (I don't read these groups regularly). If there
is interest, I will summarize. If you followup, you may want to edit the
"Newsgroups:" line.
- anton
There was a computer implementation for DOS that can be found. I am thinking about implementing the game for 2 players on the same screen in Python 3
Medo Metaher
2022-05-03 10:31:16 UTC
Post by Lennart Hukriede
In his book "The Shockwave Rider" John Brunner describes a board game
called fencing. It sounds interesting (sorry not to present the rules,
but they are two pages and I don't have a scanner; besides, it is
copyrighted by Brunner and I don't know if that would be "fair use"),
but a bit tedious to play on a board or on paper. However, it seems
ideal for playing it on two computer screens. Has anybody implemented
a system for playing it or made any experiences with playing it?
Please reply by mail (I don't read these groups regularly). If there
is interest, I will summarize. If you followup, you may want to edit the
"Newsgroups:" line.
- anton
There was a computer implementation for DOS that can be found. I am thinking about implementing the game for 2 players on the same screen in Python 3
Hi
We have 100 sudoko puzzle for 1 usd as you like Easy, medium, hard
OR
you can get 50 cryptogram and 50 sudoko for 1usd
OR
You can get 50 number searches with 50 sudoko for 1 usd
WITH ALL OF THEM
A SURPRUSE GUESS WHAT!!!
10Word Scrambles
10Word Matches
10Word Searches FOR FREE
SO, YOU CAN MAKE THE BEST DEAL WITH ME FOR JUST 1 USD, THERE IS NO RISK JUST TRY IT
THE PAYMENT WITH PAYPAL ONLY, THANKS
James Gibbons
2022-07-27 14:53:40 UTC
Hi Anton,

Replying 28 years too late but a friend and I have implemented the game on Android. You can download it from the Play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gibconsulting.fencing.free&hl=en-GB

It is a remarkably playable game and great credit should be given to John Brunner for coming up with such a great game which is just mentioned in passing in the book.